- Cannot read? Report an issue
Hold the front page! .tel domains are now available to the general public on a first-come, first-served basis.
.tel is perhaps the biggest innovation since the launch of .com. Those who understand the potential early will see a great return on investment. The simple reason is that, as .com was innovative in pioneering the ease of access to new web content globally, .tel is a unique top level domain which drives communications and contact information right across the internet.
Or put less technically, it may just be the new, simple way to keep in touch with friends, business associates, customers or that potential “special person” sitting opposite you on that otherwise dull and monotonous journey, who knows?
This is what has already been said about the .tel revolution;
* Is “The Google of Online Phone Books” – CNN/Fortune
* “Think of .tel as a ‘live’ global white/yellow pages directory or communications hub that crucially leaves control of the contact and other information in the hands of the domain owner who can set different levels of access for different visitors.” – The Financial Times
* “The new domain, which stores and encrypts contact information directly into the Domain Name System, has the potential to become a phone book for the Internet.” – New York Times
* “Owners of .tel domains will be able to manage their contact details via a simple dashboard and surrender as much or as little information as they desire.” – BBC News